Just ten days ago I was sober for 11 months. that is probably not the case anymore.
I came to Egypt on a visit with my 5-year-old and my 3-year-old, leaving my wife and baby back where we live. I arrived with my two kids after a nearly 30-hour journey on the 14th of June. I was beat. my sister got married on the 20th of June. that was the primary reason I came down. today is the 2nd of July.
I will put down in bullet points some of the things I have been experiencing, feeling and doing. not in any particular order.
- there is a ten-hour time difference so jet lag was rough on me and the kids. I had little sleep
- because of the messy schedule (mine and the kids) and living in a house where my sister is planning her wedding. I got distracted from saying my prayers.
- my parents and my sister were all sickly and exhaustingly creating dramas and thriving on it.
- Egypt was hot, dusty to a level that needed adjusting to.
- my stuff was cluttered out of a suitcase I felt so unsettled
- my sister was my first child, I pretty much raise her, it was unbelievable to watch her as a bride! I was overcome with emotions.
- I didn’t have much time to spend with my sister cause before the wedding she was busy preparing and after the wedding she was, well, married and then she left the country with her husband 4 days later.
- I have been working since the 23rd of June, from midnight till whenever (anywhere between 7 am and mid-day)
- I haven’t been able to make out reach calls to other addicts.
- I haven’t been able to keep the SLAA Egypt Skpye meeting going due to lack of privacy, kids’ demand and poor connectivity.
- I was only able to attend the NZ Skype meeting twice and not even fully.
- I wasn’t able to talk to my sponsor for the first 10 days for the trip
- given my working hours I have been functioning on 1 to 4 hours of sleep every day and not even at one go.
- work was very busy and full on.
- I have been checking out ads on personal websites
- I have installed and uninstalled a proximity app for gay hook-up nearly five six times
- I have been emailing random strangers and even talking to them on the phone (nothing sexual or explicit) but they are of those sits/apps
- I have ejaculated a few times some are involuntary as a result of a prolonged state of arousal and some is self-pleasuring.
- I am off my Low Carb diet and eating sugars like crazy.
- I am still not saying my prayers consistently
hmmm I will write something else in another blog post shortly