Kia Ora whanau, I am at a SLAA retreat. It prompted me to log into my WordPress account and post something. When I clicked on the plus sign to add a post, I found 4 old drafts. Check the screenshot below.
I didn’t go into any of the drafts to look at what I wrote but it gave me a good idea that I missed communicating a few major events in my recovery journey so I am going to be boring, I won’t sensationalize any of it and just put it as bullet points.
- July/August 2017 My wife and I got back together after a fair bit of couple therapy
- September 2017 My corporate Role was made redundant and I left my full-time job
- October/November 2017 I started driving Uber part time to make money without having to go back to the corporate world
- April 2018 I went travelling to the US to see my sister.
- May 2018 I was approaching 18 months sobriety (never happened)
- June 2018 I lost my sobriety
- November 2018 I chose another SLAA sponsor and started working the program got sober again.
- January 2019 I moved to another city.
- September 2019 I got abstinent in Overeaters anonymous
- October 2019 I lost my sobriety by having a slightly long hug with someone that was triggering
- I didn’t act out since and have been keeping my recovery top of mind in both followships (SLAA, and OA)